Welcome

Hi everyone, glad you could visit me.
marlaruthnelson@gmail.com

Thursday 1 January 2015

First project of the New Year.

It finally looks like winter. Not as cold now. A great time to work in the sewing room on this New Year'so  day. This is my first project for the new year.


This is a kit from connecting threads. It was a fun and a very easy kit to do. You start by sewing these rows togeather.



Then you need a 81/2 inch ruler.

Then lay the ruler at different angles and cut.


Then they look like this.



Now this is the finished project. So cute. I just love this one.. it is 50 by 58. A nice little lap quilt.

I think I will get some flannel for the back to make it nice and warm. I also got my new TV hooked up in my sewing room that my son gave  me for Christmas. My husband wondered how I got the cable into the room. I told him I can do things if I need to. I don't have the patience to wait for someone to do it for me. 

So a very productive day.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fun, twisted squares. Wish I had cable in my sewing room. I do have a DVD player and a VCR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it!!! Lol. sorry so late. Looks great

    ReplyDelete