Welcome

Hi everyone, glad you could visit me.
marlaruthnelson@gmail.com

Wednesday 5 February 2014

W.I.P Wednesday

I can't believe it is Wednesday again. Where did this week go. I am linking up with The Thread and Needle Network. Last week my goal was to make a gift and make something for myself.
 Well I ended up getting two gifts ready to machine quilt and nothing for me. That's OK. The faster I get my gifts done then I will make myself something wonderful.

 
I saw this quilt last week on someones blog and thought it was so cute. I used up some scrapes that I had from other projects. I will do this for my mother I think. It ended up being 71" by 71" s. A nice size to wrap up in. I love the soft colors.


 
This is a Jacob's ladder. Our youth pastor's wife is expecting so I decided I would try a baby quilt. Since his name is Jacob I thought I would do this.  I have never made a baby quilt before. But since I will machine quilt they are a nice size to practice on. Hopefully I will do this tomorrow.

 
We are having another snow day here. It does look pretty but I am ready for some warm weather. In a week and a half  it is  vacation time. Looking forward to New Orleans and a Western Cruise.
 
So I am linking up with Monika. So stop on over and visit some nice ladies and see what they are up to.
 Let's see what my goal will be for next week. Well to have those two quilts machine quilted. I also have a pattern from Sew Karen-ly Created called Oriental Beauty. She is from Amherst Nova  Scotia. This is a paper piecing piece. A little difference in pace.

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty!!! the baby quilt came together just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby quilt looks great! Snowy days can be great for a sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts, and I agree wholeheartedly. I am so over snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you pinks and greens. I am doing a pink and green quilt using Bonnie Hunter's Boxy Stars pattern. But, your pinks and and greens are much prettier.

    ReplyDelete