Welcome

Hi everyone, glad you could visit me.
marlaruthnelson@gmail.com

Friday 26 October 2012

Well I got brave and did my first bigger piece of Free Motion Quilting. I was quite happy with it. I come to the conclusion that even in practise you have to use your good thread. I used bobbin thread and it flowed nice during practise. My pieces I used machine quilting thread and it went really well.

 
 
I did a little experiment, the first one I did with no batting in the middle and the second one had batting. After doing the two the second one moved better but after they were done I like the first one better. For a runner things will sit on it better. So I guess it would be what everyone would like better.
This pattern is a "This and That" called "Box of Chocolates" by Sherri K.Falls. A very nice pattern and easy to do. When you finished cutting and putting togeater you end up with two as you can see above. You also need a 60 degree angle ruler. A nice fun project to do.

1 comment: