Welcome

Hi everyone, glad you could visit me.
marlaruthnelson@gmail.com

Wednesday 23 April 2014

W.I.P.Wednesday

I am signing up with Monika at the Needle and Thread Network. So head on over and see what everyone else is working on, Of course after you read mine first. LOL

Another week gone but nice to see that spring has finally sprung. How fast the snow left.  My four feet of snow in my flower bed is now down to a foot but it is coming. There has been a few incidents with washed out roads and a town that flooded near by but things are getting back to normal. My husband got back to work yesterday and my son's new home will be started on Monday. All is well.

I got so much accomplished this week. I am so pleased. These two spring runners. I am not sure how I got one bigger than the other but both turned out very well. This is a nice pattern from Connecting Threads. I recommend this kit. Beautiful material and went together so nicely. 



I picked this magazine up in April. The quilt on the front was designed by Lizza Alexander. I know she has a blog that I had first seen this quilt. So I picked it up. Very nice.


In this magazine was this little door hanger. I wanted to make this for my mother for mother"s day. I made four. A very fun project and so quick. I recommend this pattern also. So now I got three gifts done that I needed.
I actually found the same button that showed in the magazine at our local quilt shop. Nice.



So with four I get to keep one for myself. Love this project also. A nice piece for my entry way.



While I was away on vacation I did these three cross stitch pictures. When  I was to Micheal"s last week I found these frames on sale. I needed 8" by 8". Perfect for these pictures.


These two will be put away for Christmas gifts.



I thought I would give this one to my daughter n law for her birthday. She was the one who lost her home. I thought it was appropriate. It says "Light the way Home". 

So as you can see, A good week. Now time to get dressed and since I have the house to myself I am heading back to the sewing room for the morning, meeting with a couple of friends for sewing this afternoon and craft night tonight with the girls. A good day.




2 comments:

  1. Great projects. Glad the new home is getting started. They will appreciate having their own place again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects; all of them are lovely! That's a lot of sewing and stitching!

    ReplyDelete