Welcome

Hi everyone, glad you could visit me.
marlaruthnelson@gmail.com

Monday 25 March 2013

 

Changed my mantel in my living room. I am so tired of the pine after 35 years but not sure what to do with it.  If I was brave I would paint it and I think I will next winter.  So I went with a country theme. My friend and I made this applique picture with wool flannel so this seemed like the logical place to display it. I bought the bird house when I was on my trip to the Amish country. We had supper with a Amish family and their son made these bird houses and sold them at his family's gift shop. He was probably around fourteen. I thought it was so cute.


It is a cute little picture that my friend Marjorie had in one of her many craft books that I wanted to try. The little box I bought on our trip this year on Curasso. Our last Island on our cruise. It is a Secret box with a hidden compartment. We collect puzzel boxes and now have a few. The grand kids like to figure out hout to open them and put them back together. I thought the little birds went well with this picture. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'd be brave enough to paint over that beautiful wood! Although it certainly would change the look of it!

    ReplyDelete